• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Court Ordered Rehab?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

drunken_brother

Pennsylvania

My brother is an alcoholic and he received a subpoena for court for violating his first probation and getting a second DUI. He did four months of house arrest for his second DUI. What I am wondering is if there is a way that I can make sure he gets ordered by the court to have to go to a rehab center? I was told he can go to the salvation army rehab center for free and my family feels that is where he needs to be because he will not quit drinking. Now he does have court on the 27 of this month and I don't know if he should already be in rehab or if they won't let him go to court if he is in there. Any advice?

BL

If he's in violation of probation ( usually means no consumption as one stipulation ) , then he will have to deal with the officials directly . You can-not do anything but encourage him to do the right thing for his self .

If he's interested with Salvation Army , have him ask them if they allow for Court dates .

If he's adamant about not following the terms of probation , the Judge will find him in violation and sentence accordingly .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">