• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Criminal speeding leads to a list of charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Wstarc5

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Tucson, Arizona

I'm 20 years old had a drink went with to a friends house had him by me a 30 pack and off I went with the thiry pack in plain sight on the back seat in my parents car. 68 in a 40 and the motorcycle cop turned on his lights he immediatley saw the beer asked me to exit the car and impounded my vehicle. I'm charged with criminal speeding, minor in pssession of alchol, Minor consuming alchol, under 21 with alchol in the body .014 breath test, and faliure to yeild to the right. I'm really worried and don't know what to do.

Some Random Guy

You have described a list of your crimes and a list of charges appropriate for those crimes. However you have not mentioned any misconduct on the part of the police or other factors which would help you get reduced charges or sentence.

There is no advice for you here other than get a good lawyer.

After your initial arrest, don't talk to the police without your lawyer. The only thing that would come of that is charges for your friend for providing you the beer.

Wstarc5

Well the only thing I can see that may have been wrong was that they wouldn't allow me to contact my parents to pick up the car and insisted on impounding it. Second since this is my first offence what kind of punishment should I be looking at? whats the worst case scenario?

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Well the only thing I can see that may have been wrong was that they wouldn't allow me to contact my parents to pick up the car and insisted on impounding it. Second since this is my first offence what kind of punishment should I be looking at? whats the worst case scenario?
That was not an error. they did not have to allow your parents to pick up the car.

Wstarc5

really? you sure?

That was not an error. they did not have to allow your parents to pick up the car.
Because I was told be A friend that with a minor driving with alchol in the body there is reason to inmpound the vehicle with exception to when the vehicle owner is the legal parent or gaurdian.

racer72

Because I was told be A friend
Guess what? Your friend was wrong. Per Arizona law:

Arizona law requires law enforcement agencies to impound (“tow”) a motor vehicle when the driver is in violation of certain provisions.
These are as follows:

The driver is in an accident, AND has no insurance, AND has a suspended, revoked or
cancelled driver license for any reason.

The driver’s operating privilege is revoked for any reason.

The driver’s operating privilege is suspended for any reason.

The driver is arrested for either Extreme DUI or Aggravated DUI and/or has failed to install court-ordered interlock device.

The driver is under legal drinking age and has any alcohol in their body.
You need better friends.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Guess what? Your friend was wrong. Per Arizona law:

Arizona law requires law enforcement agencies to impound (“tow”) a motor vehicle when the driver is in violation of certain provisions.
These are as follows:

The driver is in an accident, AND has no insurance, AND has a suspended, revoked or
cancelled driver license for any reason.

The driver’s operating privilege is revoked for any reason.

The driver’s operating privilege is suspended for any reason.

The driver is arrested for either Extreme DUI or Aggravated DUI and/or has failed to install court-ordered interlock device.

The driver is under legal drinking age and has any alcohol in their body.
You need better friends.
The friend was probably the one who bought him the beer in the first place.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">