• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Damn Ambien DUI Idaho No Lawyer (Public Attorney)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sprockets2000

Idaho is my state. About two months ago, I went to bed after a long trip to Salt Lake City VA medical center. The next thing I remember is the cops asking me to get out of the car, which I complied, I dont remember what I said to them, I hvae hazy memory of the test, I did refuse a blood test, but later agreed to a piss test, I remember refusing the blood test because I said I didnt have time, I needed to get to work.

Apparently my fiance got me out of the bed, got me dressed, got me out the door. I was there, but I wasnt there.

This has never happened before. Anyway I figured out later that for some reason I got up in the middle of the night, ate boxes upion boxes of ceral, I mean its all over the floor, I also seemed to have taken more Ambien, like a lot which is weird, I dont remember it but it did happen, it was like on bread and **** like I was making an ambien sandwidth with peanut butter, only thing I can think of is my sleep apnea mask came off and I slept walk and did some pretty crazy dumb ****. I dont abuse Ambien, at least I didnt before this, I literally use a 3 month supply over six months. None the less I cancelled my prescrption after this happened, sucks but I cant take that chance again.

I am worried thsi will ruin my life completely, too long of a license suspension or too much jail and its basically a 10 year sentence for me in terms of working back up.

Any thoughts

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Your attorney (and yes, you do need one) should be able to help explain your defense(s), etc.

Silverplum

Idaho is my state. About two months ago, I went to bed after a long trip to Salt Lake City VA medical center. The next thing I remember is the cops asking me to get out of the car, which I complied, I dont remember what I said to them, I hvae hazy memory of the test, I did refuse a blood test, but later agreed to a piss test, I remember refusing the blood test because I said I didnt have time, I needed to get to work.

Apparently my fiance got me out of the bed, got me dressed, got me out the door. I was there, but I wasnt there.

This has never happened before. Anyway I figured out later that for some reason I got up in the middle of the night, ate boxes upion boxes of ceral, I mean its all over the floor, I also seemed to have taken more Ambien, like a lot which is weird, I dont remember it but it did happen, it was like on bread and **** like I was making an ambien sandwidth with peanut butter, only thing I can think of is my sleep apnea mask came off and I slept walk and did some pretty crazy dumb ****. I dont abuse Ambien, at least I didnt before this, I literally use a 3 month supply over six months. None the less I cancelled my prescrption after this happened, sucks but I cant take that chance again.

I am worried thsi will ruin my life completely, too long of a license suspension or too much jail and its basically a 10 year sentence for me in terms of working back up.

Any thoughts
Are you saying that you do have a public defender?

How do you plan to prove you didn't eat a bunch of drugs and inflicted yourself onto society on purpose?

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Damn Ambien

As if it's the Ambien's fault and not your own.

No Lawyer (Public Attorney)

That is a contradiction.

quincy

Any thoughts
Here is a link to the Idaho laws that apply: https://legislature.idaho.gov/idstat/Title18/T18CH80.htm

You should rely on the advice and direction of your attorney (a public defender or a private attorney). The attorney will probably try to work with the prosecutor to get your DUI reduced (possibly to a wet reckless).

I am surprised that your fiancé, who had to get you out of bed and had to help you get dressed, still apparently believed you were in condition to drive a car.

sprockets2000

Damn Ambien

As if it's the Ambien's fault and not your own.

No Lawyer (Public Attorney)

That is a contradiction.
I dont really understand your sentiment here. After this happened I did my research, this isn't like some kind of rare event, the court is MORE than welcome to test my hair to see if I abuse ambien. Further, I have a decent job, this happened at 7am in the morning on my way to work, why the hell would I take a bunch of Ambien and attempt to go to work, thats just doopey dumb dumb talk coming from you, and yes I do have a public defender, but does that even count, they will see me through the case at a minimum level. I wish more people knew how ambien worked, its not like you are really in coontrol if you get up and sleep walk around.

Last edited by a moderator:

quincy

I see that you posted, sprockets2000, but I don't see the post. Did you have another question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">