• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

diu statute of limitations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mdh872

I have two dui warrents in california. is their a statute of limations ? If I wait will they go away? I have never gone to court for them only arrested.:confused:

M

mikkeey

Of course they go away when you die.

But in the mean time what the drunks i knew did, was move to another state, sign up for a few driving lessons retake the whole driving test over and get a new license.

Sell the car to a friend then have the friend sell it back to you after they get the new plates in the new state. Or buy another car with a clean driver's license

See drunks can have multiple chances at DUI's, who knows maybe the next time you get into an accident a drunk driver will hit you hard!!!!

JETX

One problem with this 'scheme' from Mikeey....

You have already been arrested. That means that the police have your correct identification. So, assuming that you have in fact been charged with these crimes, your information will eventually be entered into the NCIC computer and will be available to ANY officer who might 'run' you during a traffic stop, license check, etc. and your outstanding warrant(s) will pop up. The officer will then place you under arrest and transport you to that counties fine "hotel and meal establishment" until they can confirm your outstanding warrant and see if the charging jurisdiction (that issued the warrant) wants you.

So, at the least, you will probably get a free cot and a few meals. And maybe the opportunity to return 'home' to face the outstanding warrants.

And none of this 'scheme' of new state licenses, selling cars and buying back, etc. will affect your standing in the NCIC computer.
Be a man, take responsibility for your actions and take care of your obligations.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">