• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DMV Hearing?? Can I keep my license for work?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Halfbreed

I was about to call the DMV to schedule a hearing (I got a DUI) when I realized I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing.. Do I need a lawyer?? And what should I do/say at the hearing? Would it be possible for me to have some sort of restricted license just so I can drive to work?

Any and all information on what's going to happen at this hearing, or what I should get/know before hand would be much appreciated.

-Underage
-Blew a .16 (Presumably.. but on my citation it says +.08, and I think the officer that cited me is gonna be lenient-- And in this case, is there anything the cop could do to help me?)
-Wasn't pulled over for reckless driving, flashed my lights at a cop signaling for him to go first, and he thought I was signaling for him to help me or something..
-I had a friend in the car who can vouch for my driving

All I'm asking for is any kind of fight.. or even loophole that I may have

BigMistakeFl

What state?

In what state were you arrested?

Finding a "loophole" for a DUI is rare today, doubly so for a minor receiving a DUI.

CdwJava

Please keep your posts on this topic in the SAME thread. Spreading them out makes it more difficult.

- Carl

cyjeff

My bad, I I live in California..

If there's no loophole in the DUI case, what about just the DMV hearing??
I usually recommend an attorney for a DUI case.... especially if you are a minor that wants to keep a license.

how old are you?

If you are under 18, there is simply no hope.

Halfbreed

I usually recommend an attorney for a DUI case.... especially if you are a minor that wants to keep a license.

how old are you?

If you are under 18, there is simply no hope.
I'm 19.. are you saying I need an attorney for my DMV hearing?? I need to request a hearing in.. 6 days.. Need to know everything ASAP. Do I need an attorney, what to say, any documents I may need...

CdwJava

I'm 19.. are you saying I need an attorney for my DMV hearing?? I need to request a hearing in.. 6 days.. Need to know everything ASAP. Do I need an attorney, what to say, any documents I may need...
You do not NEED an attorney, but it might help.

Being under 21, there really isn't much of a chance here. But, if you schedule a hearing, that might buy you more time because the hearing may be another month down the road.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">