• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DMV hearing vs Court ruling

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AZ0

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona.

I got two DUI's last year, one was brought down to a reckless and the other pled guilty to.

The court said I would lose my driving privileges for a year. However, I can't find any paperwork on that and my lawyer said "Once the MVD gets notice of your DUI conviction, there will be decision on suspension."

There was a DMV administrative hearing a few days ago at which they decided to void the suspension (so long as I attend an 8-hr "Traffic Survival School"). However it states it was a 6 month suspension...

So Im not sure what is really going on and the lawyer is a poor communicator and I deal indirectly with him via his assistant most of the time and right now.

Just wondering if you guys from AZ would know whether a DMV's decision to void a suspension overrules a court decision.
Thanks.

FlyingRon

They're not voiding a judges decision. The judge was just informing you that an administrative suspension was going to follow. His comments were entirely spurious.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Just wondering if you guys from AZ would know whether a DMV's decision to void a suspension overrules a court decision.
What judges decision? You never said there was any communication from a judge about a suspension.

Generally in cases like this courts don't order suspensions - that comes from the DMV.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">