• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DMV License suspension and Court Suspension

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

softvirgo

What is the name of your state? Caliornia

I got 2nd dui in march 2006. dmv hearing on may 2nd 2006 my license was suspended for second dui. on august 8th during my court disposition judge order 2 year suspension.

Now i called dmv today and they said i can get restricted license as 1 year is already over . I am not sure how the judge orders for license suspension works.

They r saying come and get the restricted license. do i need to tell them about judge's order?

Bretagne

The judge's order suspends your license for 2 years. The DMV allows you a restricted work permit (hardship license). You're OK. The DMV knows about the judge's order, but their administrative process allows you to have a restricted license. You can't get your "full" license back until the 2 years pass. Make sure you understand the restrictions. It's probably that you can only drive to and from work. If you get busted driving otherwise, you can get suspended again. Check with the DMV to be clear.

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/brochures/fast_facts/ffdl35.htm

However, it appears from the above website that you can only be suspended for 2 years if you refused to take the test and have 2 offenses in 10 years. So, maybe you can get a non-restricted license now, assuming that you have had only 2 offenses in 10 years and agreed to submit to a chemical test (breath or blood).

If the DMV gives you a license, it doesn't matter what the judge ordered.

FlyingRon

If the DMV gives you a license, it doesn't matter what the judge ordered.
Whoa there. While most of what you said is correct, I'd be VERY VERY careful with that last one. The judge is free to put conditions on the probation/suspended sentence (if any). He should have some paperwork from the case spelling out specifically what the judges intent was. If you end up in front of the judge for any reason and they find you've violated those terms, you could be in a heapa trouble regardless what the DMV told you.

softvirgo

can u guys provide some

link or knowledge how it works in CA.

I really dont want to violate my terms but really in need of license.

Any other thoughts please?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">