• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do u think Designated Drivers can be held accountable? leave feedback

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jamezedees2

This is a case study. Lets say 4 people agree on one DD. They go to a night club and are drinking and scatered throughout the club. They meet up when they are about to leave. Guess what they are all drunk, including the dd. They find someone else to drive to a resturant/ sports bar where the DD and the others kept drinking except one. Now a total of about 4 hours past. The DD gets in his car and tells the other 3 to get in. They proceed down the highway. The one who stopped drinking notices the DD driving with a hand over his eye and He commments on it. The DD which is the owner of the vechile allows the One guy who had stopped drinking for a period of time of about 4 hours to drive. About 40 min later there was a head on collision. The driver of the other vechicle was killed. The DD had a scratch on his head and the not so sober driver of the 4 was cut from the car but still living. he stated that he fell asleep and he works 3rd shift and hadnt slept in more than 24 hours. The bac of the driver was .09 and the driver of the other vehicle was .06.What do you think should happen? They both should be in trouble but who's more at fault?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
US Law Only - WHEN POSTING A QUESTION, YOU MUST INCLUDE THE NAME OF YOUR STATE

And, we don't do homework ;)

BL

state is tennessee. This is an opinion. Im not asking for legal. YOu dont have to be so rude.
Up top of the page .

Besides , what would common sense tell you ?

Oh , I forgot when drinking and driving common sense is lost .

jamezedees2

advice

i understand what you guys are sayin. This is a case study i'm doing. Its a opinion base. I am just wanting feedback. I know the law stats they both will be charged for the crime. In this paticular case...the state was able to prove that the owner of the vechile actuall drove from the establishment and then pulled over and allowed the other driver to drive which the accident occurred. the owner of the vechile was held more accountable because it was his vehicle, he drove from establishment, and was the DD that day. I was just wanting feedback. im sorry if i bothered people on getting a rational opinion on a situation that could very well happen to anyone. thanks

jamezedees2

homework

Thanks alot...but if you read what i wrote it was asking opinion. You know what upsets me...is that all of you would take the time to be a smartass in every sense of the way but your on a site that is based on debate. Your attackin the person that wrote the thread and instead should focus on what is in the thread. Its amazing how we are so eager to jump on somebody for what they say. Im sorry if I offended anyone but this is a site for advice. If you cant commit and take the thread serious dont make stupied remarks and attack the person.

BL

Thanks alot...but if you read what i wrote it was asking opinion. You know what upsets me...is that all of you would take the time to be a smartass in every sense of the way but your on a site that is based on debate. Your attackin the person that wrote the thread and instead should focus on what is in the thread. Its amazing how we are so eager to jump on somebody for what they say. Im sorry if I offended anyone but this is a site for advice. If you cant commit and take the thread serious dont make stupied remarks and attack the person.
debate this:

FreeAdvice Forums are intended to enable consumers to benefit from the experience of other consumers who have faced similar legal issues

HomeGuru

**A: what the heck is a stupied remark? Oh, I guess you're just a stupied person then.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">