• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Driving after illigally consuming alcohol

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cherylfurr

What is the name of your state? Va. My son recieved a ticket for illigally consuming alcohol after blowing a .05. what might be his consequences and should we hire a lawyer? first time offence. He is 19.

Just Blue

What is the name of your state? Va. My son recieved a ticket for illigally consuming alcohol after blowing a .05. what might be his consequences and should we hire a lawyer? first time offence. He is 19.
At 19 he should hire his own lawyer. He will most likely loose his license for a period of time, fines and probation. Was there any other charges to go with this?

FlyingRon

Under 21 and below .08 is baby DUI and you get a six month suspension and $500. I don't know if you have to do the VASAP, but I wouldn't be surprised.

A good lawyer is what your son needs.

cherylfurr

Illegally consuming alocohol while operating a vehicle

Other charges were for over the legal limit lift (bumper height) and crossing the yellow line .This is the details. He went to a concert with frriends, drank 3+ beers,ate food....left concert and got pulled almost home( 1 mile from grand mothers house in va beach. ) for bumper height/ questiond as to weather he had drank alcohol/yes sir...tickets for bumper height/ operating a vehicle after illigally consuming alcohol/crossing yellow line/ and illigal posession of alcohol. The officer gave him 4 tickets 2 payable and 2 must go to court... said because he cooperated w/ officer didn't go before magistrate...released hm in parking lot...told him that illigal posession would be dropped when he showed for court. 19 Yrs old /first offence....no prior record. This was in Virginia Beach Virginia. Ford Ranger is over the legal limit...has driven this vehicle since 16 in home town w/ no tickets for lift height.

Last edited:

FlyingRon

Just because he was getting away with the illegal lift kit, doesn't mean it was not illegal.
Just because he got "tickets" and not hauled into jail doesn't indicate the decreased severity of the charges he faces. Get him to a lawyer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">