• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Driving with a NJ suspended license in PA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kmb005

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ

My license was suspended in NJ for DUI. I attended classes and paid fines and thought my suspension was over. I was pulled over in PA for an illegal turn. The officer informed me that my license was still suspended in NJ. He issued me a ticket for the trafic offense as well as the suspended license. My car was impounded, but I was not arrested. I found out that I had not finished paying all of the fines to NJ and that is why my license was still suspended. When I made an initial appearance before the judge to get my car out of impound, he told me that I should get this straightened out before my trial date. Neither the police officer nor the judge appeared to know that my license was originally suspended for DUI...I'm not sure if this is because it was out of state or what. I have since paid the remainder of the fines and I am going to bring my driver abstract to trial to show that my license has been reinstated. Will this be satisfactory? I know that normally there is jail time associated with driving on a suspended license due to a dui.

FlyingRon

Boy I'd run that past a lawyer in the area that you're appearing. The "driving while suspended for DUI" is a jailable offense.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">