• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Driving on a Revoked License in Maryland

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

YesYes

My friend has a revoked license in the state of Virginia. He was driving in Maryland, with a headlight that was out, and got pulled over for it. His license is revoked for a previous DUI charge. He didn't get arrested, he got a citation to appear in court. I don't know how much time he has before court, but he plans on trying to reinstate his license in Virginia before going to court in Maryland, or at least take some steps towards fixing his license. What's the usual penalty for something like this? I know the maximum penalty is up to 2 years in jail and a $1,000 fine. But what typically happens? Is probation given for something like this, or do people usually go to jail? What's the fine typically like?

Thanks in advance.

FlyingRon

He can get up to a year in jail and a $1000 fine. An attorney would probably be useful. Reinstating (or making strides towards it) isn't going to fix this crime.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
I think that your friend should be dealing with his own problems especially if he was dumb enough to be driving with a revoked license.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">