• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Driving on suspended/revoked out of state license

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Anonymous7

My boyfriend lost his wv licence last year for 10 years for dwi (controlled dangerous substance) and got yr and a half probation. Alot has happened which caused him to wakeup and realize he needed to change his life... He has gotten help and is trying to turn his life around. Hes been in methadone clinic for like 8 months now and he was beginning to see the better side of life.. 2 weeks ago we were calling for snow in md where I work and im terrified of driving in snow because I have wrecked due to snow before so I asked him to drive me to work in my car..... I wish I hadn't because we got pulled over for speeding (the speed limit went from 50 to 35 and cop got him right when it changed) hes now being charged for driving on suspended/revoked out of state license and I feel like its my fault..... Is there any way of him getting out of this or anything I can do? If he goes to jail it will ruin all his progress.... Everything he has accomplished in the passed 8 months will go down the drain and its not fair :(

CdwJava

He was caught in maryland taking me to work.... his suspended license were west virginia..... I dont know what you mean by code section
That would be the statute on the citation (a series of numbers and, perhaps, letters).

It could look like this: § 16-303

Anonymous7

We cant find the citation right now but I think its TA 16 303 G.....i looked at md case search.....the charge says "PERSON DRIVING MOTOR VEHICLE ON HIGHWAY OR PUBLIC USE PROPERTY ON REVOKED OUT OF-STATE LICENSE"...... It actually says revoked but I thought it was just suspended...... Is that worse' now I'm even more worried...... also his last name is spelled wrong but I don't guess that will matter...... He's going to call and get a public defender monday.

Last edited:

Patse3839

Do not pass go!

so he broke his probation?! must have been hauling alot of drugs to have a suspension/revoke for 10 years - unless of course there is more to your story but I'm sure the judge will find all that out with his docet in front of him

Anonymous7

He lost them for 10 years because it was sec offence losing his license.... He got them suspended once before a long time ago for drinking

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">