• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Driving with temporary license with suspended driver's license

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

legal12345

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

Hello, I was cited with an infraction 23136 back in December 2010.

I contested the suspension of my license with the dmv and they mailed me a white paper that is supposed to be a valid temporary license. This temporary license lasts until May 13th. However just a couple weeks ago I had the DMV hearing and I lost the the hearing, and my license is now officially suspended.

Can I keep using the white paper they sent me as a license until May 13th? Or is this illegal?

Thank you.

CdwJava

Hello, I was cited with an infraction 23136 back in December 2010.

I contested the suspension of my license with the dmv and they mailed me a white paper that is supposed to be a valid temporary license. This temporary license lasts until May 13th. However just a couple weeks ago I had the DMV hearing and I lost the the hearing, and my license is now officially suspended.

Can I keep using the white paper they sent me as a license until May 13th? Or is this illegal?

Thank you.
If the effective date on your suspension is now, then the temporary is no longer valid.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">