• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Driving Under OVI Suspension

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

datnatikid

What is the name of your state? OHIO

I was charged with a OVI on Oct. 9, 2007. My license was suspended but I received driving privileges, which allowed me to drive to and from work at designated hours of the day. I have a job offer that is waiting on me out in California. Well, I was planning on dropping my car off at my friend's house, so we could take his car out to California, and store mine at his place. I got pulled over on the way, but I was driving outside my designated hours of driving. My car was impounded, and I had to appear in court today (1-4-07). I pleaded not guilty, so now I have to go to pre-trial on Jan. 11th. And also I will have to go to court on the 7th to get my car out the impound lot.

My question is, was it a good idea to plea not guilty, since I was driving due to work related matters? Or should I change my plea to guilty on the 7th? What would the outcome be if I were to plea guilty or not guilty?

Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">