• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Driving While Revoked??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jorgy28

What is the name of your state? Iowa

I was pulled over for going through a YELLOW light, the officer told me that even though the light was yellow the entire time through the intersection I was obligated to stop if I was under ten mph. I did not have the piece of paper that allowed me to drive (left at home) while in the appeals process of an OWI sanction. He refused to go four blocks to my house to get this paper. He cited me with Driving While Revoked, and gave me a ticket for stop light violation even though he admitted the light was yellow. I missed a job interview and spent three hours in jail. Do I have a decent chance to fight this?

FlyingRon

You better read 321.257 again. The yellow light stop is probably legal and enforceable.

You violated the terms of your license restriction. You're technically in violation of that. If you were driving legally other than missing the letter of authorization, a reasonable judge might dismiss that if you bring the document and demonstrate your otherwise compliance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">