• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Driving Without A License

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jdm_kevin

I live in Washington State in the county of Spokane and about a week and a half ago I got caught driving without a license. It is supposed to be a gross misdemeanor in the state and punishable by up to 1 year in prison or a $5,000 fine. But there I was reading the RCW's and it said that if you have never had your license suspended or had your driving privileges revoked then for the first time you get caught its a $250 fine and then if you get your license before that then it reduced to a $50 fine. I have never had my license, only a permit from when i was 16 and 17 and i have a record but its also from 2 years ago. I'm 18 and i'm just wondering what could happen to me and what I can do to make the judge go easy on me. Any Advice?

Simple - go down to your local DMV and get your license. Then talk to the DA and they probably will just hold the ticket for 6 months and dismiss if you don't get caught again. :)

Those strict laws are for individuals that have lost there right to drive for serious reasons.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">