• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

driving without a license

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nandommore

what is my punishment for being 18 and driving without a license ? i can not show a valid us driver license ! what can i expect going to court ? my citation says its a misdemeanor and is not a correctable violation 12500 a council driver .

CdwJava

what is my punishment for being 18 and driving without a license ? i can not show a valid us driver license ! what can i expect going to court ? my citation says its a misdemeanor and is not a correctable violation 12500 a council driver .
In theory you could go to jail for up to 6 months. In reality this will almost certainly be filed as an infraction and you will face a fine and fees totaling about $393.

If you can obtain a valid driver's license by the time of court, you may be able to get off with a $25 administrative fee because the judge can make this a correctable violation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">