• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

drunk driving 23152(a)(B)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

logancarm

Brawley California, Imperial county.

im twenty years old, i was stopped in brawely california for fallowing to closely. the police deterimed i was DUI, i blew a .094 bac at the scene and twice more at the station (.090 both times) they did not take a blood test. i was taken to county jail over night and released in the morning.

the police officer issued me a temporary drivers license (under 21 years old). i did not have my lisense on me at the time but it is valid. this is my first offense.

both my parents are law enforcement and i was planning on being law enforcement too. what should i do?

CdwJava

You need to hire an attorney ASAP.

Even if convicted of a lesser penalty of "wet reckless" per CVC 23103.5, this will seriously dim your chances of getting hired in law enforcement for a few years. This action - DUI and drinking underage - shows a serious lack of maturity and judgment, and that will play against you in a hiring process even if you get it reduced.

If convicted or you accept a plea, I would strongly recommend that you swear off liquor, that you continue on in school, and that you maintain a solid work history with glowing employer recommendations for the next three or more years until you try to start applying. If you have any inclination to go to school, use the intervening time to get a degree - be it an AA/AS or a BA/BS. Having a solid and reliable work history (with as few employers as possible - preferably one), and having an education, will demonstrate that you have grown and matured since that fateful day. Oh, and as I said, time to stop drinking.

I can't tell you the number of times I have done backgrounds on prospective employees who had alcohol troubles in years past (DUIs and public intox) who then claimed to have gotten off the sauce only to have me discover they still like to party. One guy even got popped for public intoxication the next county over while I was in the midst of his background ... that sort of sealed his fate - rejected. And, it effectively sealed his fate for years to come, as well.

Consult that attorney and then consider making some serious life choices.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">