• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Drunk in Public

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jd2484

What is the name of your state? California

This past weekend I had attended a concert at my school. While in line, I was detained by an officer or guard, who handcuffed me and took me inside the facility because he said I was drunk. I had been drinking, so I completely understand this. What I am confused about are the consequences. I was taken downtown to detox. Which required me to pay a $10 fee to sit in a room for 4 hours. The guard/driver of the van which transported me to this facility said that it is nothing and it will not go on my record. They just want to make sure we sober up before we go out. So after the 4 hours, they let me go. No papers or any citation was formally given to me. So I am unsure what really happened. No tests were performed either. I am also 21. THis is what my school newspaper said about the incident:
"7:45 p.m.: Officers detained a 21-year-old male student at the Sun God event for being drunk in public. Transported to detox."

TYRIS

jd2484 said:
What is the name of your state? California

This past weekend I had attended a concert at my school. While in line, I was detained by an officer or guard, who handcuffed me and took me inside the facility because he said I was drunk. I had been drinking, so I completely understand this. What I am confused about are the consequences. I was taken downtown to detox. Which required me to pay a $10 fee to sit in a room for 4 hours. The guard/driver of the van which transported me to this facility said that it is nothing and it will not go on my record. They just want to make sure we sober up before we go out. So after the 4 hours, they let me go. No papers or any citation was formally given to me. So I am unsure what really happened. No tests were performed either. I am also 21. THis is what my school newspaper said about the incident:
"7:45 p.m.: Officers detained a 21-year-old male student at the Sun God event for being drunk in public. Transported to detox."

-If you were not issued a citation or a court date upon release, then you were probably released per 849(b) PC after you sobered up. I doubt if it will go farther than that.

Tyris

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">