• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

drunk in public

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

artron

What is the name of your state? ca

i was recently arrested for being drunk in public. i was mouthing off to a cop before i was arrested but i did not resist arrest. i have never been arrested before and am a hard working student with a part time job. does anyone have any idea of the penalties or fines that might be coming my way. thanks

CdwJava

artron said:
i was recently arrested for being drunk in public. i was mouthing off to a cop before i was arrested but i did not resist arrest. i have never been arrested before and am a hard working student with a part time job. does anyone have any idea of the penalties or fines that might be coming my way. thanks
Specifically what offense (code numbers) have you been charged with?

- Carl

CdwJava

seniorjudge said:
Carl, you are encouraging double posters.

Keep this up, and I will deprive you of your mocha!:D
I haven't had even one, yet ... I figured I'd catch him on the second one.

I just got done with some TV interviews and press phone calls ... darn these Holidays! The Chief is gone and I have to handle the weekend fun ... GRRR!

NOW I'm off for my mocha!

- Carl

CdwJava

Many counties in CA will not go forward with a prosecution on this offense. If they do, you can expect counseling, a small fine, and possibly probation. Jail time is unlikely for a first offense.

- carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">