• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Drunk in public charge. Can somebody please help?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rluk23

What is the name of your state? CA

I have been charged with DIP (Drunk in Public). I was kicked out of a club by a bouncer, and they threw me to the police. I was than arrested and taken to the drunk tank. No breathlizer was taken. I was intoxicated but they do not have proof. I think the fine is 50 dollars but I am thinking about fighting it. Should I fight it? I do not want a misdemeanor on my record. If I pay the fine, will the misdemeanor come off in a couple of years? Thanks for any help. My court date is tomorrow

Shay-Pari'e

rluk23 said:

I have been charged with DIP (Drunk in Public). I was kicked out of a club by a bouncer, and they threw me to the police. I was than arrested and taken to the drunk tank. No breathlizer was taken. I was intoxicated but they do not have proof. I think the fine is 50 dollars but I am thinking about fighting it. Should I fight it? I do not want a misdemeanor on my record. If I pay the fine, will the misdemeanor come off in a couple of years? Thanks for any help. My court date is tomorrow

Are you really this dumb? You were thrown out of a club and the police were called.

Pay the little fine and stop acting like a jerk.

rluk23

The police was waiting outside of the club anyways

the police wait outside of every club in san jose. so in actuality does this mean that the police can arrest anybody walking out of a bar for being drunk in public? I wasnt drunk in public i was drunk in the club. Its not like I was walking around the street being completely intoxicated.

rluk23

The police was waiting outside of the club anyways

California
the police wait outside of every club in san jose. so in actuality does this mean that the police can arrest anybody walking out of a bar for being drunk in public? I wasnt drunk in public i was drunk in the club. Its not like I was walking around the street being completely intoxicated.

Shay-Pari'e

rluk23 said:
California

Gee, does this club have a magic door? One that sobers you up as you are being thrown out by the bouncer?

Cops do not sit outside every club in San Jose,**************...Give me a break. Notice I am from the Bay Area?

Since a layperson with an attitude is only judging you, why not try to put the statute number you were put under here and we will see what you have.

Yes you have to worry about misdemeanor or whatever on your record, you might get a reckless or get it tossed under something else depending on the situation.

What your record is, what the situation was, and whom you have as your lawyer.

I am not condoning such a thing but I am not going to fly off the handle and give you a shovel down the grave. I am going to lead you to legal advice, unlike others who are righteous witches and try to make this forum what it is supposed to be.

( so go search for Kelly Shay, that is your forte')

Happy Trails

rluk23 said:

Your choice to fight it or not.

California Penal Code section 647
Every person who commits any of the following acts is guilty of disorderly conduct, a misdemeanor:

(f) Who is found in any public place under the influence of intoxicating liquor, any drug, controlled substance, toluene, or any combination of any intoxicating liquor, drug, controlled substance, or toluene, in such a condition that he or she is unable to exercise care for his or her own safety or the safety of others, or by reason of his or her being under the influence of intoxicating liquor, any drug, controlled substance, toluene, or any combination of any intoxicating liquor, drug, or toluene, interferes with or obstructs or prevents the free use of any street, sidewalk, or other public way.

--------------------

If you are convicted, it will not come off your record automatically.
Research "California expungement".

CdwJava

rluk23 said:
Being drunk in the club IS being drunk in public. Either way you were good to go.

It's a nothing offense. Most the time they are settled by arrest with no further proceedings desired. If they are going for a fine it's probably to help offset the booking fee the county charges them for sending you to jail.

You can fight it, but do you have between $3,000 and $5,000 to do so?

Your call.

- Carl

CdwJava

Shay-Pari'e said:
Cops do not sit outside every club in San Jose,**************
Well ... in a way they do ... or did.

It used to be that to be issued a conditional use permit in or around downtown San Jose, clubs had to hire off-duty SJPD officers (in uniform and sometimes out) to work the clubs. It was not uncommon on a weekend in the 80s for there to be more off-duty officers on the ground in downtown SJ then they had patrol officers on the street for several miles around!

Things may have changed, but I used to live and work there and that's the way it was once upon a time.

So, while they do not literally sit outside every club in San Jose, I can tell you that one can easily get that impression when you are bar-hopping.

- Carl

Shay-Pari'e

Ohreallynow? said:
Since a layperson with an attitude is only judging you, why not try to put the statute number you were put under here and we will see what you have.

Yes you have to worry about misdemeanor or whatever on your record, you might get a reckless or get it tossed under something else depending on the situation.

What your record is, what the situation was, and whom you have as your lawyer.

I am not condoning such a thing but I am not going to fly off the handle and give you a shovel down the grave. I am going to lead you to legal advice, unlike others who are righteous witches and try to make this forum what it is supposed to be.

( so go search for Kelly Shay, that is your forte')

You are telling someone to search my screen name? I'm all out of *Fan Club* gifts. Do you think you could stalk me when I get a new shipment in?

The two out of the five people responded to this post. Thank you Carl and Happy T. I do not think I need to respond to Shay- wanna be somebody. I do not think she has given legal adivice for a long long LONG long time and she is just here to be bitter, mean and to chase her ghost child manufacutured by her good friend.

You and IAAL and some people I will not name make this place a joke while others really try though they may make jokes. You just ridicule and just make people feel like shiot when they are already down. Get a a grip and STOP IT. this is the year of the RED FIRE DOG. of course that makes me sound crazy, but you tell that to the asians that are more much more smarter dan us . un huh!

Get out of town PARIDISE... you could not even admit you spelled your first name wrong, there was no paradise. I looked. You are so silly it is inane.

Take care of your family, live your life but take care. There is such a thing as Karma.

Shay-Pari'e

Ohreallynow? said:
The two out of the five people responded to this post. Thank you Carl and Happy T. I do not think I need to respond to Shay- wanna be somebody. I do not think she has given legal adivice for a long long LONG long time and she is just here to be bitter, mean and to chase her ghost child manufacutured by her good friend.

You and IAAL and some people I will not name make this place a joke while others really try though they may make jokes. You just ridicule and just make people feel like shiot when they are already down. Get a a grip and STOP IT. this is the year of the RED FIRE DOG. of course that makes me sound crazy, but you tell that to the asians that are more much more smarter dan us . un huh!

Get out of town PARIDISE... you could not even admit you spelled your first name wrong, there was no paradise. I looked. You are so silly it is inane.

Take care of your family, live your life but take care. There is such a thing as Karma.

There is such a thing as AA! And you need it. When you are sober, re-read your post and just get help. You did this exact same thing a couple of weeks ago.

You are drinking, and you are drinking to much. Put a lock on your computer when you are like this.

Last edited:
Shay-Pari'e said:
Ohreallynow? said:

There is such a thing as AA! And you need it. When you are sober, re-read your post and just get help. You did this exact same thing a couple of weeks ago.

You are drinking, and you are drinking to much. Put a lock on your computer when you are like this.
How long have you been on this site Shay Paridise? Ohreallynow? I am not that reincarnated person you think I am I am an original person who thinks you are a real piece of bitter chocolate from San Fran who cannot even use the Quote function on this silly forum.
My God, You can't even use a function of your favorite forum to ridicule the poor silly fools that happen to come here to get help.
Thank goodness for people like Happy Trails and Carl that know what this forum is about and even for Rmet who does at times help and give information rather than just call people an IDIOT and just rant on about "kelly".

Yes, Rmet, I gave you some kind of credit. I just wish you would learn to spell or take care so you would not look the fool.

Shay-parafool, give advice or get off the forum, I am sure SURE you have been warned before.

About drinking... Before you acuse me, better look at yourself.

Shay-Pari'e

Ohreallynow? said:
Shay-Pari'e said:
How long have you been on this site Shay Paridise? Ohreallynow? I am not that reincarnated person you think I am I am an original person who thinks you are a real piece of bitter chocolate from San Fran who cannot even use the Quote function on this silly forum. Rather Racist don't you think?

My God, You can't even use a function of your favorite forum to ridicule the poor silly fools that happen to come here to get help. Of course I can.

Thank goodness for people like Happy Trails and Carl that know what this forum is about and even for Rmet who does at times help and give information rather than just call people an IDIOT and just rant on about "kelly".

Yes, Rmet, I gave you some kind of credit. I just wish you would learn to spell or take care so you would not look the fool. I guess you have not read your own postings. Who is the fool?

Shay-parafool, give advice or get off the forum, I am sure SURE you have been warned before. Don't dictate to people on the Net, it makes you look crazy.

About drinking... Before you acuse me, better look at yourself. I looked. Are you still drunk?

Shay-Pari'e

About the name thing.

For the LAST time, I will try and go slow. It was mispelled on purpose. The correct spelling was used up on this forum. Do you get it now?

[Please crawl back under your rock./I]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">