• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DUI 1st offense highest tier Philadelphia

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Derocks24

So I got picked up for a dui last night. It's my first offense but my bac was .18. I've seen what the law requires what I get as punishment but I've also heard that if you get a dui lawyer they can help u avoid jail time and possible plead for a lesser punishment. Has anyone had experience with a situation like this?

quincy

So I got picked up for a dui last night. It's my first offense but my bac was .18. I've seen what the law requires what I get as punishment but I've also heard that if you get a dui lawyer they can help u avoid jail time and possible plead for a lesser punishment. Has anyone had experience with a situation like this?
I agree with Tiger D that you need an attorney if you hope to avoid jail time.

With a BAC of .18, you are facing a mandatory 72 hours to 6 months in jail for a first offense and, even if an attorney can argue the BAC level down to a .16 or less, you are still facing a mandatory 48 hours to 6 months in jail.

If you are unable to meet with an attorney prior to your first hearing, I suggest you plead "not guilty." Another hearing will be scheduled. Between your first and the second hearing, you should find an attorney.

The attorney will look into the DUI stop to see if it was proper, and the attorney will check to see if the BAC results could have been faulty, and the attorney will work with the prosecutor to get you the best possible outcome based on all facts. It could be possible, although probably not probable, that the charge against you can be dismissed entirely.

Good luck.

Derocks24

I agree with Tiger D that you need an attorney if you hope to avoid jail time.

With a BAC of .18, you are facing a mandatory 72 hours to 6 months in jail for a first offense and, even if an attorney can argue the BAC level down to a .16 or less, you are still facing a mandatory 48 hours to 6 months in jail.

If you are unable to meet with an attorney prior to your first hearing, I suggest you plead "not guilty." Another hearing will be scheduled. Between your first and the second hearing, you should find an attorney.

The attorney will look into the DUI stop to see if it was proper, and the attorney will check to see if the BAC results could have been faulty, and the attorney will work with the prosecutor to get you the best possible outcome based on all facts. It could be possible, although probably not probable, that the charge against you can be dismissed entirely.

Good luck.
I have contacted representation and I'm sure I will have him/her at my first hearing. I'm just trying to find someone that was possibly in a similar situation and hear the outcome....this waiting is killing me and it's only been a day!

quincy

I have contacted representation and I'm sure I will have him/her at my first hearing. I'm just trying to find someone that was possibly in a similar situation and hear the outcome....this waiting is killing me and it's only been a day!
Most of the forum members on this site will not have been arrested and charged with a DUI in Pennsylvania. BUT, even if one of the forum members has been arrested, charged or convicted of a DUI in Pennsylvania, there are really no "similar situations." ALL situations will be different - different facts, different prosecutors, different judges, different times, different places.

You can use the internet to find general information that applies to everyone. But, depending on the source of the information, some of what you find online could be wrong.

You will want to sit down with the attorney in your area for a personal review of the facts that are unique to you. You should rely on the information and the advice your attorney provides.

I am happy to hear you have already contacted an attorney to assist you with your defense. Good luck.

TigerD

I'll add that you have a limited amount of time to request an administrative hearing. You really need to get a DWI attorney as quickly as possible.

TD

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">