• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dui

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nattyann

I was arrested in Hillsborough County, Tampa, FL, for a dui blowing 0.11. I am aware the legal limit is 0.08. However, this is my first and only charge I am facing. I was nervous and scared while doing the field sobriety tests, but I feel as though I passed. The sheriff didn't respond instead just cuffed me and put me in the cop car. What are the chances of getting my charge dropped to reckless driving or dismissed? What is your feedback as to the consequences I will face?

Last edited:

BigMistakeFl

Concur

I agree with Outonbail's response. FL, like most states, has tightened up the laws and process for DUI arrests. It's a system that works very well today, and few people find a way out with strong evidence against them, which you provided during your arrest procedure.

I fought it with a lower BAC than yours, and I finally took the first offer that the prosecution had made long before. I received minimum first offense penalties, loss of license, fines, community service, DUI classes, Victim Impact panel and probation for six months. No jail other than the 8 hours immediately after arrest. Got along famously with my probation officer who finally just let me pay the remaining four months' fees and call in from time to time. I have a record of the arrest which will be mine for life, and I no longer drive after drinking.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">