• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dui

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

carmstrong

Please give me advice

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia

I pulled over and received a dui in Frederick, MD. I am a resident of Virginia. I am wondering what implications this conviction will have on my VA DL. Also if I just never showed up for court what would happen.My BAC was .22 on the road side and .24 at the station. It is my first offense and have a clean driving record. Is there any possibility of getting PBJ. Also I am not sure if I need to call for the MVA hearing?

Last edited:

FlyingRon

This isn't a chat room, and operators are not standing by.
Post once and wait. It can take a day.

You need a lawyer. This is very serious.
When Virginia finds out about it, your license will be suspended there.

There's a possibility that having a clear record might get you a Probation Before Verdict which says if you keep your nose clean through probation, they'll dismiss the charge, otherwise you will be found guilty (you will have already plead guilty before the PBJ is given).
It's at the discretion of the judge. Your excessive BAC may be a problem.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">