• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DUI after pulled over! HELP!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mantra

My spouse and I currently reside in lumpkin co GA, while I was asleep she decided to go to get food... She then had a flat tire, pulled over and turned her hazards on like you are supposed to. She was then approached by an officer whom asked why her hazards were on. She answered the officer and the officer suspected alcohol on her breath. She then was given a breathalyzer and blew a .10 where she was taken to the jail. I have no idea what to do in this situation! We are on a fixed income and the fees are a very large % of my pay. It is her first offense ever other than a speeding ticket. We are not residents of GA I am just stationed here for the time being.

FlyingRon

Well, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this is going to cost you.
There appears to be nothing at face value here that is a defense, but a lawyer who can investigate the evidence against your wife is your best bet.

What state is she licensed in?
Is she in the service herself?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Well, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this is going to cost you.
There appears to be nothing at face value here that is a defense, but a lawyer who can investigate the evidence against your wife is your best bet.

What state is she licensed in?
Is she in the service herself?
Actually it doesn't have to cost him at all. His drinking and driving spouse can get a job/extra job and pay her own court costs. She can even ask to do community service most likely to work off the court costs. For insurance and reinstatement fees, the drunk gets to pay her own. Easy peasy.

dave33

My spouse and I currently reside in lumpkin co GA, while I was asleep she decided to go to get food... She then had a flat tire, pulled over and turned her hazards on like you are supposed to. She was then approached by an officer whom asked why her hazards were on. She answered the officer and the officer suspected alcohol on her breath. She then was given a breathalyzer and blew a .10 where she was taken to the jail. I have no idea what to do in this situation! We are on a fixed income and the fees are a very large % of my pay. It is her first offense ever other than a speeding ticket. We are not residents of GA I am just stationed here for the time being.
The fees apply to everyone and even if you are on a fixed income you will be expected to pay. That being said, the courts make payment plans all the time and when making the monthly determination they do take into account your financial situation. goodluck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">