• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DUI ARD in Pennsylvania

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gm1974

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

I am a resident of Pennsylvania. I have gotten a first time offender DUI charge. I was never convicted and instead accepted into the ARD probation program. I am scheduled to do work in Ontario, Canada in the month of July for a 3 to 7 days. I have all the passports and proper identification to enter the country.

Will I have a problem getting across the Canadien Border? Any information on this will be apreciated.

Taper420

It depends on if you're finished with ARD and all other punishments/fines and if you've had your record expunged. Canada has the right to refuse you on the basis of your DUI. ARD results in a non-conviction, but unless you get it expunged, it will still show up if Canada decides to dig.

gm1974

I'm not sure what you mean by "if Canada decides to dig". I have no other prior convictions. I don't even have anything as far as a traffic violation. I need to find out how I can know for sure. The worst thing that would happen is if I get to the border and they deny me for entrance. If ARD is not a conviction and I don't believe that it actually goes on your record, Then how would I know for sure that Canada would know anything about it. Does anybody know how the system works? Does your name go into some kind of international database when you get pulled over? Please, if anybody knows anything or has a similar story to tell, I would appreciate any information I can get.

Taper420

Canada very easily has access to arrest records of US citizens at the border. If you completed ARD, then you should take the necessary steps to have it expunged from your record. Canada can deny entrance to anyone they see fit, reason or not. It's happened before, and it will happen again. GET IT EXPUNGED. As long as it is not, you will easily be able to find record of the arrest. Once it is expunged, the only way it comes back up is if you receive another DUI. PA is one of the few states that allow for this to happen, so take advantage of it. I did.

paguy88

has your record been expunged?

if it has you will not have any issues Canada will never know of the arrest or ARD.

if you are still in ARD or if it hasnt been expunged(can take 6 months form end of probation) it will show up.

it is really that simple

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">