• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DUI Arraignment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

maohead

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

I had my preliminary hearing already in which they gave me the choice to go to trial or take ARD. My BAC was .11 with no adult convictions and the DA said that it's possible that they will drop my BAC down to the first tier. I decided to take ARD.

I did my CRN evaluation which found me to be a below average drinker so I don't need outpatient therapy and I scheduled my highway safety courses.

I have my arraignment hearing tomorrow and I'm not sure what I need to bring and what exactly happens during this process. I'm in Montgomery County if that helps.

Do I plead guilty? Do I need to bring any paperwork? Anything else I need to know?

FlyingRon

Bring your attorney.

The arraignment in common_pleas is pretty perfunctory. You indicate that you have an approved ARD and they'll schedule for another appearance in about a week. You'll probably be sent to the probation office in the interim to have a presentence investigation conducted.

maohead

I had decided not to hire a lawyer and they haven't officially accepted me into ARD. It was offered as an option instead of going to a hearing during my prelim hearing.

TigerD

Do I plead guilty? Do I need to bring any paperwork? Anything else I need to know?....

I had decided not to hire a lawyer....
You have chosen to do this without the benefit of an experienced, extremely well-educated, trained professional. I respect the courage it took to wade into legal field with all the mystery, arcane methods and language, and represent yourself.

That was exceedingly dumb, but I respect the courage.

Only you can decide how to plead. You must consider all the information available to you and reach your own decision.

Good luck.

DC

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">