• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dui Ca

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

abeytagirl

What is the name of your state? California

I was charged with a DUI on 9/18/07. I was given a paper telling me to appear in court on 10/18/07. I went to the court house I was appointed to and was told I was not on the docket. They sent me down to the clerk and he called the DA. After talking to the DA the clerk informed us that my case had not been filed yet, I was given a piece of paper stating I had showed up, and then was told that I would be contacted. I have not been contacted yet and was wondering how long I have to wait before I can try and get my case dismissed. I looked on a website related to California and a "quick and speedy trial" and they had this to say:

"First let us explain how it works in another state. In California, they use what is known as a “rocket docket”. What this basically means is that if you are arrested and are being held in confinement BEHIND bars, the state must bring your case to trial within 30 days. If you are NOT being held behind bars, the state must bring your case to trial within 45 days, or your case must be dismissed."

I wanted to know if this had any bearing and if it applied to my case. If not, can someone please tell me what I need to do. Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">