• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DUI charge in Illinois

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Rammer39

I was arrested for driving "high" on marijuana. I can't really afford a private lawyer. My question is, should I represent myself? Or is a public defender going to be able to help?

I'm not going to get into the details, but I wasn't high and I think I could have a shot at getting this thrown out/found not guilty.

asiny

I can't really afford a private lawyer. My question is, should I represent myself? Or is a public defender going to be able to help?
It's not your call on whether or not the court would allow you a PD. Before it get's to that point you would have to fulfill the requirements of the court- which usually needs you to submit financial records.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">