• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dui charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

Serious questions only, please.
Well, there ARE defenses to DUI charges that can result in a reduction or a dismissal ... not that beinme has presented enough information in his/her brief post to say if that is a realistic option. The best person for beinme to discuss the possibilities with would be a criminal defense attorney in Alabama.

quincy

Okay, I'll play. There are many ways. But here is a sure fire way.

File a motion to suppress. At the hearing on your motion, convince the court that the DUI traffic stop (assuming there was a traffic stop) violated your 4th amendment rights to be free of unlawful search and seizure. And Voila! You beat the DUI charge.

See how easy that is?
jdbofky, I see you are new to this site. Please look at the posting dates on threads. Older threads should not be revived for comments or questions.

Again I will repeat my advice for beinme to seek out assistance from a criminal defense attorney in Alabama - if he already hasn't done so since he posted over a month ago.

jdbofky

I will consider myself properly chastised and will refrain from posting to old threads. A month old didn't seem too old to me, but obviously this site has different standards than I am used to. How old is too old here?

justalayman

I will consider myself properly chastised and will refrain from posting to old threads. A month old didn't seem too old to me, but obviously this site has different standards than I am used to. How old is too old here?
Well, how old are you?

Just kidding. Generally once a thread becomes seemingly abandoned by the originator it is best left dead. This site moves quite quickly (similar to another site I know you post on) so it becomes fairly obvious when a originator is no longer involved.

jdbofky

As I said, a month didn't seem that old to me. And on the "other" site, people post whimsical nonsense often but I see that is not welcomed here. That's okay, I'll keep it strictly business here.

justalayman

As I said, a month didn't seem that old to me. And on the "other" site, people post whimsical nonsense often but I see that is not welcomed here. That's okay, I'll keep it strictly business here.
There's a modicum of whimsy here. Some days it rises all the way to a plethora.

It's not too cold and and lacking humor here. It's just different. 🤡

jdbofky

Well, to answer your direct question which I left unanwered, I have just embarked on my seventh decade of life.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">