• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DUI charges and TN renewal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

flmario

Hi

I am trying to get renew my TN visa in the US border, I am canadian citizen.

Lately i've been charged with impaired driving and refusal to sample a breath test. I havent being convicted yet.

I spent a night in prision and the next day I had my bail hearing.
I payed the bail. It doesn't say that i cannot live the country, althougth my lawyer sent a letter to the court advising them that i am going to leave the country.

I have the following questions:

1. If they ask me if I have been arrested, should i say yes because i spent one night in prission or not because I haven't been convicted?

2. What is the possibility that this come up in the interview and if this come up, do they know that the charges are for DUI or it going to appear that i just have charges (just charges with out specifying what is, it would be the the worse situation for me)?

3. Is it better being convicted with DUI that being charged and being under a bail for TN-visa porpuses?

Thank you for your quick answerWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

FlyingRon

You must report the arrest on the status application. Don't know what the charges will have on your status determination, but since these charges typically don't have even potential jail time of more than 6 months, you're probably OK.

YOU DIDN'T SAY WHAT STATE YOU WERE ARRESTED IN.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">