• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DUI in CO

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

newgarct

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Colorado.

I have a question regarding my probation of my dui. This is my first DUI and I am required to have an interlock device on my car, in home alcohol monitoring system(3months), and I am under probation for one year with 365 pending jail time, also I have to take a class for 2 hours a week for 9 months. I would like to leave the state of Colorado and move back to my home state of Wisconsin. What penalties would I be undertaking with my move to Wisconsin and abandoning my DUI in Colorado?

outonbail

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Colorado.

I have a question regarding my probation of my dui. This is my first DUI and I am required to have an interlock device on my car, in home alcohol monitoring system(3months), and I am under probation for one year with 365 pending jail time, also I have to take a class for 2 hours a week for 9 months. I would like to leave the state of Colorado and move back to my home state of Wisconsin. What penalties would I be undertaking with my move to Wisconsin and abandoning my DUI in Colorado?
Apparently 365 days in jail for starters.

Then there will be the warrants for your arrest for violating probation, the indefinite loss of driving privileges and of course making this DUI situation drag on for as many years as it takes until you finally do what's required to stop living the life of a fugitive.

Are you considering this flight from your responsibilities because your inebriated right now?

newgarct

Apparently 365 days in jail for starters.

Then there will be the warrants for your arrest for violating probation, the indefinite loss of driving privileges and of course making this DUI situation drag on for as many years as it takes until you finally do what's required to stop living the life of a fugitive.

Are you considering this flight from your responsibilities because your inebriated right now?
Nope, not inebriated. Just didn't plan on living in Colorado for more than a few months. All my family and friends are in the Midwest and I would like to return.

BigMistakeFl

Moving

It's not likely that you will be able to move until all penalties have been met. But you can always ask, and the place to start is with your Probation Officer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">