• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DUI Criminal offense?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

donb1959

What is the name of your state? North Carolina

Does anyone know if a DUI, or driveing with expired license is a criminal offense in the state of NC....I would think it's a moving violation? Thanks for the replies.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

donb1959 said:
What is the name of your state? North Carolina

Does anyone know if a DUI, or driveing with expired license is a criminal offense in the state of NC....I would think it's a moving violation? Thanks for the replies.

My response:

Congratulations!

Your initial post just became a Runner-Up in our end of the year, "Most Stupid Post" contest, being held on December 15, 2004.

Thank you! Make sure to come back on December 15, 2004 to see if you're the Grand Prize winner!

For further details, Rules, and prize list, go here:
http://petit.philou.free.fr/

IAAL

B

breadmom

New here, but my understanding is that it varies by state. You need to check the specific laws for N.C. In NH, a first offense non-aggravated dui IS classified as a VIOLATION...not a misdemeanor.
Check with the Dept of Motor Vehicles or an attorney.

n_and

It's a misdemeanor unless it's your 4th conviction or you've killed someone...then it's a felony.

I have no idea on a suspended license.

Why such random questions?

D

donb1959

DUI Criminal offense

It's a misdemeanor unless it's your 4th conviction or you've killed someone...then it's a felony.
I am applying for a pardon from the governors office, I pulled my criminal record and found there were two DUIs on it. Since I have posted my question I have found out from the DMV that a DUI is a violation, not a misdemeanor.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">