• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dui during custody battle

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jennamills

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? massachusetts

so my ex and i are going through a custody battle. we have temporary orders already in place where I have sole physical custody of our daughter and 50 50 legal.

we go to court the end of this week to finalize everything. last week I got pulled over and arrested for a dui. I did not have my daughter, she was with her father.

if he finds out, how will this affect custody of our daughter?

I have a lawyer and am going to plead no contest. I have no criminal.record and no prior charges so I qualify for the first offenders program and will be enrolling and completing that course.

I do not want to lose custody of my child nor give any more custody to her p.o.s father who doesn't even take care of her-only pawns her off on his parents.

I understand I made a mistake.

any advice?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? massachusetts

so my ex and i are going through a custody battle. we have temporary orders already in place where I have sole physical custody of our daughter and 50 50 legal.

we go to court the end of this week to finalize everything. last week I got pulled over and arrested for a dui. I did not have my daughter, she was with her father.

if he finds out, how will this affect custody of our daughter?

I have a lawyer and am going to plead no contest. I have no criminal.record and no prior charges so I qualify for the first offenders program and will be enrolling and completing that course.

I do not want to lose custody of my child nor give any more custody to her p.o.s father who doesn't even take care of her-only pawns her off on his parents.

I understand I made a mistake.

any advice?
Ask your attorney - and be careful of those stones you are throwing. In my book, those who get behind the wheel after drinking as you did, are also POS.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Ask your attorney - and be careful of those stones you are throwing. In my book, those who get behind the wheel after drinking as you did, are also POS.
Took the words right out of my mouth.

The attorney the OP needs to ask is her divorce/family law attorney, by the way.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">