• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dui expungement in Pennsylvania

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lui04mx

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

I was stop for a DUI about 1 year and 1/2 ago. I have attended the ARD program and completed it. I paid all my fines and I received my letter of completion of the ARD. What are the steps to get the DUI expunge from my record? I would like to do this on my own since I don't really have much money to pay an attorney to do it for me. Thank you.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

I was stop for a DUI about 1 year and 1/2 ago. I have attended the ARD program and completed it. I paid all my fines and I received my letter of completion of the ARD. What are the steps to get the DUI expunge from my record? I would like to do this on my own since I don't really have much money to pay an attorney to do it for me. Thank you.
Here's an example. You will need to check with the court from your county. Tis is from the Allegheny County website:

How to begin the expungement

Call or visit the Department of Court Records, Criminal Division to receive the standard forms necessary to file a petition. The motion must be legibly written or typed and must include the following information:

Cover Sheet: Name, address, phone number, Offense Tracking Number and/or Criminal Complaint Number.

Motion: A brief statement explaining the reasons for seeking an expungement.

Certified Copy of Disposition: A copy of the document or documents recording the official outcome of the case. Copies of summary cases are obtained from the office of the Magisterial District Judge that disposed of the case.

Proposed Expungement Order: The proposed directive from the Court to expunge records.

Verification/Affidavit: A statement attesting that all of the provided information is true and correct.

Filing a Motion of Expungement

File with the Department of Court Records, Criminal Division, the original and three (3) copies of the Motion for Expungement with the certified copies of court records attached as an exhibit to the motion. The motion must be accompanied by a filing fee of $100.00, payable by cash, certified check, or money order made payable to the Department of Court Records, Criminal Division.
The original and two (2) copies will be kept by the Department of Court Records. The third copy will be returned to the filer as a personal record.

Taper420

I just had mine in PA (Clarion) expunged last week. I went with an attorney out of Pittsburgh who chared $350 which included all court fees associated with the expungement. Pretty hassle free if you ask me and definitely not something I would want to go at alone - there is a lot of paperwork, a lot of swearing on this and that, and a lot of signatures to be had. This is all easier to push through when you have the letters esq. after your name. If you want his name I'm happy to point you in the right directions.

paguy88

every county is different

Allegheny County it is autmatic started by the probation department, in other words you don't need to do anything after your probation is over.. Other you have to get it started. CHeck with your probation officer to see how it is done in your county.

sandyclaus

Hi,

I had an ARD case in Clarion county in 1998. I have no other records. I would like to expunge this record. However, I am located in Ohio. $ 350. 00, including fees is reasonable, since it is an old case, I completed ARD successfully, should not have any complications. I am not even sure that it shows up on my background checks. However, I was able to find myself on Clarion county's website.
You'll be lucky if the OP comes back after 3 years to monitor the progress on this thread. More likely, he's long gone.

princymelba

Thank you all for your kind advice and suggestions.. My friend, she sorted out the case by meeting the higher officials..

quincy

Thank you all for your kind advice and suggestions.. My friend, she sorted out the case by meeting the higher officials..
Who the heck are you in all of this, princymelba? If it is your friend who is necroposting, you might want to tell your friend to knock it off.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">