• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DUI False Police Records

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

scma0711

So I was arrested for first DUI in MN. I was actually sleeping in my home, I went in the ditch several hours earlier but I left it there and walked home and was drinking at my home. The police said that a tow truck driver picked me up and said I was drunk. I got an attorney because it was all BS and we have been in the discovery process for a couple months now. We just got information that we wanted which listed a number for the "driver" that seen me. It turns out that he was not a tow truck driver but an off duty cop and denies everything. Now all of a sudden they "lost" all the tape recordings and etc from that night and the police "forgot" everything from that night.

We are now looking into it more and I am not going to quit fighting this. I spent the last few months on a temp. license and had to pay quite a bit of money on an attorney and license renewal fee. Can I sue to get my money back since they made up the police report? They made up a story that made my life not easy for the past few months, can I sue who falsified the report? I have an attorney but would like to see if anyone has run into this type of problem before. Thanks in advance

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
So I was arrested for first DUI in MN. I was actually sleeping in my home, I went in the ditch several hours earlier but I left it there and walked home and was drinking at my home. The police said that a tow truck driver picked me up and said I was drunk. I got an attorney because it was all BS and we have been in the discovery process for a couple months now. We just got information that we wanted which listed a number for the "driver" that seen me. It turns out that he was not a tow truck driver but an off duty cop and denies everything. Now all of a sudden they "lost" all the tape recordings and etc from that night and the police "forgot" everything from that night.

We are now looking into it more and I am not going to quit fighting this. I spent the last few months on a temp. license and had to pay quite a bit of money on an attorney and license renewal fee. Can I sue to get my money back since they made up the police report? They made up a story that made my life not easy for the past few months, can I sue who falsified the report? I have an attorney but would like to see if anyone has run into this type of problem before. Thanks in advance
Your questions would best be asked of your attorney as he is the one who is privy to the details of your case. Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">