• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dui First Offence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jggardencity

What is the name of your state? South Carolina
My husband was pulled and recieved a DUI. He blew a .25. He was detained for approx 25 hours. He works for a car dealership and will loose his job if he looses his licence for a guilty conviction. Is there any program he can take so that he can keep his licence and have the charge removed from his record? He supports a family of 4 and can not afford to loose his job or driving privalages.:eek: can he get a court appointed attorney on this kind of offence?

Last edited:

BigMistakeFl

BigMistakeFl

That's not just above the "legal limit", it's greater than double said "limit". That's a strong piece of evidence, in addition to the cause for the stop.

Research the penalties for the offense in your state and brace yourselves to get through them. You need an attorney. A court appointed public defender will only be yours if you can prove financial need. If you can afford a DUI lawyer, you should make that happen.

Will Smith

To answer your question we will need more information. Was this his first offence?. Was there an accident involved ?. Depending on your family income, he may qualify for a Public Defender. This is a good option because in his case the penalities are etched in stone. Check the website for your state/county for DWI\DUI Penalities. Usually, for first time non-violent offender they qualify for ARD programs. After completing such a program, his record will be erased. But only in cases where he is a first time offender.

I think Will Smith is under the impression that all states work like Pennsylvania's. I'd imagine this just happened so you can't really do much except for the obvious, get an attorney, research, etc.

FlyingRon

He almost certaily will have his license suspended, it's a matter of routine at .15 or more. SC actually is a little friendlier to DUI defenses than many states, but I know of know diversion programs (like ARD). You'll get a conviction and it will have a jail sentence (convertable to community service).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">