• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DUI first offense in New Hampshire

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

ntlkey

What is the name of your state? New Hampshire

Hi, I was convicted in DUI in the state of New Hampshire but I live in MA. My lawyers told me that DUI 1st offense is considered as a traffic violation rather than a criminal offense in NH. Can anybody prove or disprove this statement? I'll greatly appreciate it if you can direct me to some official website/documents.

Thank you,
NK

M

Meenatoad

What was your BAC? Was anyone hurt or property damages and did you refuse the test?

N

ntlkey

No damage, just DUI. BAC was 0.11 (I didn't refuse a test)

M

Meenatoad

What I saw didn't really say how it was classified, but just mentioned the first time offenders look at a fine (minimum $350), license suspension (90 days min.), and some classes to be eligible to drive in NH again. But if you have a lawyer, s/he may be able to get it reduced further. That's what happened to me, mainly because there was no evidence of impairment, other than the BAC test (no erratic driving, walking/talking fine in police-station video) and police officer indicated I was 'friendly & cooperative' on report (all this according to my attorney); plus I've never been in a stitch of trouble in my 36 years until now. I don't know if anything else compelled the procecutor to reduce it, but I hear its not uncommon as long as the above applies and no one gets hurt or damage is done.

N

ntlkey

Thank you, Meenatoad! It looks like that I've got more or less the same penalties. I'm still wondering about classification as I all what I can find states that it was a violation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">