• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DUI/First offense/Ohio/BAC = .129

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vnar

What is the name of your state? Ohio

I have been charged with a DUI and speeding case and I am not sure whether I should
go for a Lawyer or just do "no contest" as this is my first offence and no previous tickets or any other criminal history?
My BAC was .129
I am ok with paying fine and suspension of license for some time but only thing I am worried about is whether in this case can I be given some sentence?

Please advice what should I do this case.

Thanks in Advance.

T

thepizzaguy

vnar said:
What is the name of your state? Ohio

I have been charged with a DUI and speeding case and I am not sure whether I should
go for a Lawyer or just do "no contest" as this is my first offence and no previous tickets or any other criminal history?
My BAC was .129
I am ok with paying fine and suspension of license for some time but only thing I am worried about is whether in this case can I be given some sentence?

Please advice what should I do this case.

Thanks in Advance.
I wouldn't just go "no contest". I mean even if you are defending yourself you can still plea bargain with the DA

Have you gone in front of a judge yet?

vnar

Yes I have been in front of Judge, since I was confused and wasn't sure what to do I just said that I need some more time.
I will now be getting a court date.

Also as I understand if I don't plea guilty and also don't have a lawyer with me a Sate DA will be provided to be there itself? Can you provide me some more info on this, this will really help me.

TIA

T

thepizzaguy

vnar said:
Yes I have been in front of Judge, since I was confused and wasn't sure what to do I just said that I need some more time.
I will now be getting a court date.

Also as I understand if I don't plea guilty and also don't have a lawyer with me a Sate DA will be provided to be there itself? Can you provide me some more info on this, this will really help me.

TIA
You are confusing me. a Sate DA will be provided to be there itself? Are they just being sarcastic and saying a State District Attorney will be there

Well stick around

When is your court date?

vnar

I am very ignorant to all these things.
I am still waiting for mail from court that will tell me when is the next date to appear in court.

First time I appeared in court was last monday (08/21).

T

thepizzaguy

vnar said:
I am very ignorant to all these things.
I am still waiting for mail from court that will tell me when is the next date to appear in court.

First time I appeared in court was last monday (08/21).
Oh boy... There is an old saying "Igonorance is bliss, but it won't stand up in court"

Defending yourself in court is tough if you are not ignorant, defending yourself in court while knowing you are ignorant is STUPID.

This is a self help site, but you have to beable to help yourself also.

I suggest you get a lawyer ASAP

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">