• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dui in florida

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Miamiscoop

What is the name of your state? Florida

Hi
I got a dui 10 years ago in florida, under my maiden name with a canadian drivers license. My driving privileges was suspended in florida but I was able to drive in canada as at the time they did not have the agreement betwen all states or provinces. So I took care of my dui in florida ,did the probation and everything. Now we have just relocated to florida, and I want to go get a drivers license....I am now married, and have a driver license from another state wich it does not show the dui charges...
Now do you think that they will see it in the system when I apply to exchange my current drivers license from another state to the florida one? My current drivers license is under my married name... I understand they will also ask me for my maiden name and country of birth ...
I looked under the florida DMV website where you can look up your driving records , and it only shows when I type in and old id card from "florida" that I had at the time of the arrest....so any advice on what I should do or answer on the application form...if i answer no that I never was arrested will they find out?
Thanks everyone!

Last edited:

BigMistakeFl

BigMistakeFl

I don't remember the FL license application form asking for priors. Does it? I think they don't need to ask that because they will already have access to records. There's one way to find out..... go and apply. What's the worst that can happen? Or you can go on the internet with a credit card and run a full background check on yourself.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">