• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DUI in Florida with a CDL

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Curious419

What is the name of your state? Florida

I was recently arrested in Florida driving my personal vehicle (DUI). This was my first DUI and my driving/criminal record have been exemplary untill now.

I am pretty sure I can obtain a hardship license for my personal vehicle but I cannot determine if I will be allowed to drive a CMV. My CDL is my only source of income.

Does anyone know if I can obtain driving privileges in a CMV?

ThanksWhat is the name of your state?

Or Not

I'm not an expert by any means, but I believe it depends what code you were convicted under.

Driver License Revocation Periods for DUI-322.271, F.S. and 322.28,F.S.

* First Conviction: Minimum 180 days revocation, maximum 1 year.

Business Purposes Only/Employment Purposes Only Reinstatements-322.271, F.S. and 322.28, F.S.

* First Conviction: Must complete DUI school, apply to department for hearing for possible hardship reinstatement.

anon_omis

Time to look for another line of work

I have been CDL driver for 15 years before I got my first DUI. In FL, they will not give you a workers permit to drive a truck. They pretty much yanked my CDL and gave me a class E. per DOT regulations you cannot drive a truck for 60 day's following a dui conviction. but no company is going to hire you with a DUI on your record. If your lucky you may be able to get it downgraded to a reckless driving. That will put you out for 3 years. For me after it was said and done, did all my penalties, and no longer on pobation. I went to DMV to get my CDL back they told me I would have to redo the CDL written/driving test all over again. I ended up getting a job in a call center. needless to say 3 years went by ....and here I go again**************....But anyways you might as well kiss you truck driving day away !!! or get yourself a dang good lawyer...

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">