• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DUI in GA moving to Missouri

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Cmusgrove

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? GA
I am graduating from school in GA at the end of this week and will be moving back home to Missouri, I have a GA license but will be switching to MO one this week. Last night i was pullled over for speeding, DUI, and underage consumption. My BAC was .147, the speeding ticket says i was paced at 90 to 100( complete bull****) the cop was traveling in the opposite direction on the interstate with no radar. My question however is since GA did not revoke my license when i got out of jail and the DUI is pending will I be able to switch back to Missouri this week? And by doing this what can GA do to my MO license? ive read that GA is one of 5 states that doesnt share driving history so is it possible they can only suspend my driving within their state? And if the speeding ticket is dropped because there was no radar or even an actual speed on it will it have any effect on the out come of my DUI?

FlyingRon

At .147 your judgment as to your speed is hight suspect.

While not all states are part of the violations compact, ALL STATE share suspension information. While you may temporarily escape having your Missouri licenses suspended, I'd plan on finding alternate transportation means.

Cmusgrove

Of course im going to court, my question was is it possible that GA doesnt contact MO and only suspends my license to drive in GA? since by time my court day comes i will have a missouri license

FlyingRon

All 50 states and DC communicate suspensions to each other.
Missouri will suspend you when GA does. You'll have to clear your suspension in GA (which as a underage / over .08 driver is a hard year I believe) before anybody will issue you another license.

By the way, in addition to the penalties levied by Georgia, I've got an inkling that MO will apply their "underage drunk driver" class requirements before you can get that license restored as well.

Last edited:

Cmusgrove

well i appreciant the information, and after speaking with my lawyer his advice was to attempt a plea bargain with the judge being that the DUI on my record will have such a effect on my occupation, so the only thing i can do is to wait and see if the judge takes pity on me and drops the charges to a wreckless driving, although it is very unlikely because of my BAC..:(

An Observation

I'm always amazed at what some people think is reality. You stated the ticket had written on it you were paced at 90-100 miles an hour but that is BS. You were a .147 close to 2x times the legal limit but the officer who is trained and was sober is completely off base.

Cmusgrove

Understood my Judgement of speed is likely to be wrong, other circumstances is that the ticket says i took a urine test not a breathalizer, wrong box was checked, second when i left the jail the next day they handed me my license back and no piece of paper that i believe im suppose to recieve in order to appeal the DUI for hearing, can either of these be worth trying to build a case on? Also is the officer required to tell me my options of taking a breathalizer? He just told me to blow so i did he didnt say anything about what would happen if i refuse.. is that a violation of my rights? Obviously im scrambling for anything because the effect this will have on my career....

FlyingRon

The pretrial paperwork isn't meaningful. You won't escape it based on wrong boxes being checked.

Your drivers license is implied consent for the chemical (including) breath test. The police officer in Missouri is under no obligation to provide you legal counsel as to the implications of refusing or taking the test in light of your intoxication.

You don't appear to have anything to appeal your suspension anyhow, so failure to provide notice of your right to a hearing doesn't mean much (perhaps it would allow you to get a hearing past the ten day limit, but even that is dubious).

With a DUI charge, you got bigger fish to fry at this point than the administrative sanctions.

You need a lawyer. If this is so important to you (which it should be), this is not a do it yourself with the help of the internet type thing

Obviously im scrambling for anything because the effect this will have on my career....

Now you are going to pay your debt to your community, at .147 going 100 miles an hour be thankful you didn't kill someone else.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">