• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dui help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DrJekyl

California

Pulled over 6.28.07. Cop pulled me over because he was chasing someone going 130 mph on freeway and thought it was me. i was exiting the freeway at the top of a hill. I'm assuming the car he was chasing was the one i saw make a very quick right turn (i didn't tell him that). he crept up behind me while i was stopped at the light waiting to make a left when he turned on his lights and pulled me over. He asked me if I was going 130mph. I pretty much told him to look at my car and you tell me. I have a 2000 base model altima with over 180,000 miles on it. I would have to be going downhill with wind in my favor to achieve this. anyways. he had his commanding officer come over and give me a series of sobriety tests. the officer told me that i passed everything but that he needed me to blow in the machine. i blew .08. they took me in and gave me a ticket only for the dui. my speed isn't noted on the ticket and they did not issue me a ticket for speeding. mainly because i wasn't. i went to court on the date noted on ticket. the clerk told me that the ticket# was not a file yet. Also, that the officer did not turn in his story yet. she sent me to the DAs office to check on it and they said that charges were filed on 8.28.07 but they are backlogged and i would have to wait. this was on 8.30.07. i was told to call every week to see when my court date is. when i called today they said the ticket is still not on file. Meanwhile my license is suspended and I'm having a very hard time getting to my job which is 45 miles away from me. Is there anything I can do?
any help would be greatly appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">