• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DUI Help.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

maxbemis

I was arrested in 2010 for a DUI and given supervision. I have a probation officer and everything like that. The stipulation of the supervision is that if I comply to everything then I won't get a conviction on my record. I realize that all of this is separate from the secretary of state, but that's what my question has to do with. If this was my first offense, do I have to have a BAIID machine installed in my car? I already feel so lost in the court system and I'm so confused as to what's going on. I'm in Illinois.

dave33

I was arrested in 2010 for a DUI and given supervision. I have a probation officer and everything like that. The stipulation of the supervision is that if I comply to everything then I won't get a conviction on my record. I realize that all of this is separate from the secretary of state, but that's what my question has to do with. If this was my first offense, do I have to have a BAIID machine installed in my car? I already feel so lost in the court system and I'm so confused as to what's going on. I'm in Illinois.

Secretary of state ?? What are you talking about?

If the machine is not a stipulation of your probation than you do not need one.

What are you confused about? This situation seems pretty straight forward to me, comply with the stipulations and the charge is dismissed. After the dismissal get an expungement/sealing and go on with your life. That's as good as it gets. goodluck.

ricky12

Legal issues are quite stressful, but with the right safeguards and compliance with stipulations, you need not fear any over calculated punishment or penalty.In many DUI cases, the first time offenders have to be vigilant enough about their constitutional rights in the absence of which they are likely to get frustrated during the whole process. One of my nephews had to undergo the ordeal of a DUI case at the hands of Washington authorities but we managed to mitigate the punishment effectively due to the prior knowledge of the process. Some of the key issues that are common in most cases are:
1. Generally, the DUI arrests happen subsequent to a "stop" signal for traffic rules' violations such as lane jumping, going too slow or over-speeding, omitting to signal or also for burned out headlight or tail lights and an accident.

If an officer stops you, suspecting a DUI case, you can be asked to come out of the vehicle. Then, the officer conducts a sobriety test. In case, the officer is sure of having sufficient evidence for a DUI, he or she will then proceed to make the arrest on the basis of suspicion of driving under influence. If the offending individual is aware of his basic constitutional rights after being arrested, He must contact a lawyer.
After the arrest is made, usually a suspect is asked to undergo an evidentiary breath test at the police station. However, in the cases of accidents wherein injury has been caused to the driver or if the person is otherwise incapable of giving a breath test, the authorities may bring the driver to a hospital for a blood test. In your case too , I feel you should not hesitate to contact an expert Dui attorney asap.

Last edited by a moderator:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">