• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DUI in Il in 1984

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ARK1

I got a dui in Il in 1984 and my licence was only sussposed to have been supended for a year.At the end of the year when I went to get my license back,they told me i hadnt met all the requirements of the court,but i really thought I had,so now after going through all the programs,numerous times,paying the reinstatement fee,and everything else ive been through since 1984 they still wont give it back.Now heres the kicker,I was able to get an In drivers license,thats been about 12 years ago or so,no tickets or anything aganist it,Il still wont reinstate me.I am unemployed and if I could get my cdl I could be working.Is there anyway To get Il to clear me so that I can get on with my life,without going through all the b.s.again?I am living in In,and have for 15 years,and dont understand what the problem with Il is.I hope you can help.

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Red tape -- it is called clerical error and stupid niches of the law. Your best bet: go get a criminal defense attorney to do two things:

1) get this cleared so they reinstate
2) once reinstated, go get an expungement to clear this from your record (seals the record).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">