• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

The DUI law's are weak

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

e3mrk

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?Ohio
I live in Ohio and my youngest brother was killed by a drunken piece of garbage driving the wrong way on the highway,We went to the hospital just in time to be with him when he died,I will never forget the cry my Mother made or the look on my fathers face that night.The thing that realy made me mad was that we found out this guy had five prior D.U.I's on his record and no licence,We packed the court along with M.A.D.D and this guy only got five years,We made sure he served every minute of it but he wasn't out more than a month then he got drunk got into a car and killed a family.The only good thing that happened that day is that he died in the wreck also.
People can talk all they want but untill they get serious about this nothing will change. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

CdwJava

e3mrk said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?Ohio
I live in Ohio and my youngest brother was killed by a drunken piece of garbage driving the wrong way on the highway,We went to the hospital just in time to be with him when he died,I will never forget the cry my Mother made or the look on my fathers face that night.The thing that realy made me mad was that we found out this guy had five prior D.U.I's on his record and no licence,We packed the court along with M.A.D.D and this guy only got five years,We made sure he served every minute of it but he wasn't out more than a month then he got drunk got into a car and killed a family.The only good thing that happened that day is that he died in the wreck also.
People can talk all they want but untill they get serious about this nothing will change. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
I agree with you.

Unfortunately, as long as drinking and driving drunk continues to be seen as something we ALL do, there will be no serious punishment for DUI. The USA has among the weakest DUI laws in the civilized world.

- Carl

I am extremely sorry for your loss. In going through our ordeal with my son, who caused an accident by drinking and driving and having been a victim of drunk driving, my little sister back in 1981 was killed by a drunk driver, it is the repeat offender that should scare the heck out of people. I have talked with alot of them and they have their ways to get around the law. They don't care about having valid driver licenses, they drive anyway. Car insurance? They don't care about car insurance - if it's too expensive they just drive without it. Fines? They just don't pay them or they pay a little amount towards them every month. And these breath analysis devices that some people have to put in their car - what a joke. They have their ways around that too. Just buy a junker car, have it put in that, and drive the other car you own.

I don't see anything working in regards to the drunk or drugged driver. I would really like to see the automakers get involved with placing technolgy in all our cars that wouldn't let any one of us drive, if we were impaired. If our cars wouldn't start because we are impaired, then we would all have to find another method to get home. I am not talking about the breath analysis device either. I believe we could produce the technology into the steering wheel of all cars. That way the car would be constantly testing the driver and their alcohol and drug level. Plus, with the breath analysis devices, alot of times, the driver has to blow into the device while he or she is driving, further distracting them from the road. Not a good thing. Would rather see other technology.

Crazed98

NavyChiefsWife said:
I don't see anything working in regards to the drunk or drugged driver. I would really like to see the automakers get involved with placing technolgy in all our cars that wouldn't let any one of us drive, if we were impaired. If our cars wouldn't start because we are impaired, then we would all have to find another method to get home. I am not talking about the breath analysis device either. I believe we could produce the technology into the steering wheel of all cars. That way the car would be constantly testing the driver and their alcohol and drug level. Plus, with the breath analysis devices, alot of times, the driver has to blow into the device while he or she is driving, further distracting them from the road. Not a good thing. Would rather see other technology.

Some automakers came out with cars that won't let you drive without blowing into a breathilizer that is built into the car.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">