• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DUI and MIC in Arizona

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dktim

Arizona.

I had a previous DUI from over a year ago. Just a few nights ago I was pulled out of bed by an officer and given an Minor in consumption.

I'm wonder what I'm looking at? Can anyone tell me what to expect?

I'm wondering since it wasnt a traffic violation..will they still suspend my license? Am I looking at jail time?

(with the DUI i got 90 day suspension of my license, 2 days jail and $1600 fine, as well as 40 hours alchohol/drug counseling)

Also does it matter that they dropped the breathalizer twice before breathalizing me. from about chest high to the ground. They also spent atleast 20 minutes trying to figure out why it wasnt working properly.

This doesnt deny the fact that i was in possesion of alchohol and i am 20. But i feel that it could have given a bad reading. I blew a .106 (my girlfriend who had more to drink blew a .006). Since this law covers both consumption and posession, I dont think ruling out the breathalizer would help me that much. Just curious.
Edit/Delete Message

dktim

yes, 90 day suspension when i was 19. november of 2005.

i had to ride a goped back and forth to work. its under 5 horsepower and is not considered a motor vehicle. just some advice to all you suspended license people! :)

so can anyone with some knowledge answer some of my questions.

dktim

it was a hotel room. i had 2 friends with me and my girlfriend. we had a few drinks and my girlfriend and i went to bed around 12:30am. The other couple with us went on a walk around the hotel resort, when they were stopped by an officer and asked questions.

They were then brought back to the room they were staying in and that when a cop pretty much woke me up and got us out of bed and gave us tickets for minor in consumption around 3:00am. =(

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">