• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DUI and moving out of state

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tommynorcal

California

I recently received my FIRST mistemenor DUI (without any previous law violations, save for two carpool infractions) on thursday the 22nd, and am awaiting trial in April. My original plan to move to Pennsylvania on March 25th is obviously now botched, and I would really like to find out what kind of position I am in to move out of state, assuming that I receive the full monty with CA DUI sentencing.

I can supply more details by request, but hope that I could at least find out what I will be up against, as there are many things flying through my head at the moment. Some things include: Obtaining a license in PA, how long the DUI classes will be, the possibility of probation, etc.

Any info on this unique position would be appreciated.

FlyingRon

I think the typical DUI first offender gets a 3 month class. Your license is suspended for 4 months.

You can move when you want, but you won't get a license in PA until you fulfill the obligations that get your Cali license back.

tommynorcal

yeah this is what im anticipating for the most part. im just hoping theres some way to fulfill my obligations in accordance with PA somehow. its a stretch, but any info would be great.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">