• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DUI in NJ 21 yrs ago CA resident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cut2thechase

CA limo driver have been 20+ years, this hit comes up on renewal here.

Can these people command me to do anything aside from the fact I can't renew here?

Alcohol classes? 21 yrs. later? How does this serve anything?

I have been through programs here more than I care to mention, sober 10+yrs.

I know this is about money, corruption and politics, they are sending me a packet of things to do. Are you serious? This lady from N.J. DMV was "Hitler like".

I almost told her to take a walk on a short pier.

This borders extortion to me. I have a clean record here, yeah I'll pay the fines, but what sense is there to take classes only approved by N.J. (because there is a referral fee)?

CdwJava

I THINK that NJ has a hold on his license that finally caught up with him.

If NJ has suspended your license, and CA is honoring the suspension, then you need to do whatever it is that NJ wants yo to do to clear the matter up. It might take hiring an attorney in NJ, or even going back there to take a class or something. You don't have to like it, but there it is. If you want to fight NJ's suspension or hold, then you need to hire an attorney to do that for you, or go back there to put up the fight yourself.

If that's not the case, perhaps you can post again clarifying the situation.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">