• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DUI in NJ live in PA.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

change1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

I recently got a DUI in NJ.i LIve in PA.Ive had ARD in PA before for a DUI.It was not more than 10 years ago.Whats likley going to happen to me?No one was hurt and there was no accident in either DUI.I actually passed the feild sobriety test for the one in NJ but they still decided i was too impaired to drive.i was very coperative.Any help appreciated.

aldaron

Did you submit to any chemical tests? Is there video of you after the stop? What was your demeanor? NJ is a Penn border state so chances are it'll be treated as your second when they run your ID for criminal history**************...good luck.

sandyclaus

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

I recently got a DUI in NJ.i LIve in PA.Ive had ARD in PA before for a DUI.It was not more than 10 years ago.Whats likley going to happen to me?No one was hurt and there was no accident in either DUI.I actually passed the feild sobriety test for the one in NJ but they still decided i was too impaired to drive.i was very coperative.Any help appreciated.
Congratulations! For a 2nd DUI conviction within a 10-year period, NJ imposes the following penalties:
  • Loss of license for two years
  • Fines, fees & surcharges: $500–$1,000 fine, $280 Intoxicated Driver Resource Center fee, $100 to drunk driving fund, $100 to Alcohol Education and Rehabilitation Fund, $1,000/year (for 3 years) surcharge, $75 to Neighborhood Services Fund
  • Jail time of between 48 hours-90 days
  • Community service, Intoxicated Driver Resource Center & Interlock: 30 days CS, 12–48 hours classes thru Intoxicated Driver Resource Center, Ignition interlock device during license suspension and 1-3 years following restoration

And once PA gets hold of the conviction, you'll lose your driving privileges in your home state as well.

There may be more that I'm not aware of, and others will probably chime in.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">